Each PageCloud site is given a placeholder domain while you build up your site. For instance, the placeholder address may be "example.pagecloud.com" or "ana.pagecloud.com" depending on what you named the site.
When a custom domain is attached to a site, the ".pagecloud.com" placeholder address is no longer in use. To learn how to connect a custom domain to your PageCloud site, head to the walkthrough guide here.
Before renaming your placeholder domain you will need to save any open editing sessions and close the window. Any editing sessions open while renaming a site will no longer be able to save changes once the placeholder domain has been renamed.
Rename your placeholder domain
- From your Site Dashboard, Click the "Site settings" tab.
- Click "Edit" to the right of your PageCloud.com domain section.
- Enter in the new placeholder domain.
- Click Update. This will begin the renaming process.
- Your placeholder domain is now updated.
Updating your placeholder domain may take some time depending on the number of pages and the amount of content within your site.