If you have a premium plan with e-commerce, you can add a Buy button or Product widget to any of your Pagecloud pages. You may want to use these to create a custom product page, listing of products, or even add a product or two to your social link page.
Buy button, a buy button is a button connected to a product or service in your store. You may want to use this button when making a custom product or service listing on your site. When a visitor clicks on the button it will add the item to their cart.
Product widget, a product widget is a full product card connected to a product or service in your store. You can use this widget on any page, in fact you could have multiples on a page. When a visitor clicks on the add to cart button it will add the item to their cart.
Adding a Buy button or Product widget
Please note that a paid e-commerce plan is required to add these widgets to your pages.
In the editor, open the page you would like to add the widget too.
- Click on the E-commerce menu located in the left sidebar.
- Look for the section called Store widgets
- Here you can drag and drop the Buy button and Product widget onto your page.
Great, the widget should now be on your page. Onto the next step.
Associate a product with the widget
Now that you've added the widget you need to associate it with your product.
- Select the widget on the page
- Select the E-commerce tab in the Editing menu
- You will notice that we have already connected your first product to your widget. Click Change product to search for the product you would like to associate.
- Here you can search for the product name or SKU should you know that number. Go ahead and do that now.
- Select the product you would like to associate.
- You can change the associated product at any time.
Let's move onto configuring your widget.
Configuring your widget
With your Buy button or Product widget selected you can configure the layout and details you would like to display.
You have two choices with Layout, you can opt to show a Product card or just the Buy button. Each selection will enable and disable product details.
There are a variety of Product details that you can enable, disable and sort to fit your needs. They are as follows:
- Product image
- Product name
- Product options. This will display product options if available.
- Add to Bag button options
- Display the product price. Displays the price in the buy now button
- Display product quantity will display a numeric quantity filed above the button so customers can add more than one item to their cart.
Styling your widget
Now that you have the right information displayed in your widget you can style and size your widget to your liking.
All Buy button and Product widgets share the same styles so changes you make to one will automatically be allied to others.
To style your widget:
- First select the widget on your page
- Select the Style tab in the Editing menu
- You know have the option to style the following:
- You can now use the style controls you are already familiar with.