The Import Page Layout feature allows you to start building a website in PageCloud by moving the design you own from your previous website.
This feature only imports visual layout content. Content such as as backend databases, payment systems and animations must re-added in PageCloud.
Feel free to use our Import Page Layout to import content you own or that is public domain. Note that if you import a page layout that contains copyrighted material, it is your responsibility to replace the copyrighted material (text, images, etc.) with your own content.
Import Page Layout sets up your page with hyperlinks to the original images. This means the images do not reside in PageCloud. If you want the images to be stored in PageCloud, you can copy and replace them. If you change your domain name of your site to PageCloud and haven’t copied those images, your images will stop working.
- Create a site within PageCloud.
- Head to app.pagecloud.com/bookmarklets.
- Click and drag “Import page to PageCloud” onto your Bookmarks Bar.
- Head to a page in your existing website.
- Click on the bookmark we added, “Import page to PageCloud”.
- Wait a few moments to see a pop up of the list of site names you’ve created in PageCloud.
- Click on the name of the site you want this page to appear in.
- The page is scanned and a progress bar occurs. Once complete, click “View your page”
- After a few moments, your newly imported page will appear in the PageCloud Editor.
- You can make changes or save the page to edit later.
- When you save, enter a name to be able to find it in your site.
- Repeat the above steps to import other pages to your site.
Setting Your Home Page
Your imported home page will not initially be the home page for your PageCloud site as there is already a default home page.
To set your home page
- Go to your Dashboard.
- Click on the site where you added the import page.
- This will show all the pages within this site. Click on the gear on the bottom right of the page.
- Choose “Make home page”.