To prevent duplicate content issues across many similar pages, you can set a canonical link tag. This can help your site’s SEO when you are trying out different versions of a landing page, or the same information on different pages.
Note: Pagecloud automatically adds these for your pages based on your site’s preferred domain and SSL settings. However, if you need to set a canonical link that is different than the default, follow the directions below.
Set a Custom Canonical Link Tag
- Head to the Page Editor of the page with similar content.
- Open the <head> editor for the page.
- Copy and Paste the rel=coninical element below (replacing the example URL with your own):
- <link rel="canonical" href="https://example.com/example" class="design-safe">
- Save & Close the <head> editor.
- Save the page.
Thank you for your feedback!