Google will occasionally ask you to verify your site ownership in order to use certain Google services. They have a nice guide explaining this over here.
In order to add Google Verification to your site, we would recommend making use of the “HTML TAG” method which requires you to add in a snippet of code into the <head> of your home page. They will provide you with the following code along with a specific string of digits.
Add Google Verification to your site
- Copy this code <meta name="google-site-verification" content=“String_we_ask_for">
- Click Settings in the left Side Bar. Then click the Advanced tab.
- Click the <head> editor.
- Paste the code within the <head> editor just before the closing </head> tag. See example image below
- Click “Save & Close” on the <head> editor.
- Click “Save” and “View Live”
You may need to complete the verification process on Google’s end to detect this code on your site.
Example of the Google Site Verification code in the <head> editor: