Update: Show and Hide objects now works for both Auto and Manual columns.
Sometimes you want to hide some objects in one mode and show them in another. There can be lots of reasons why you may want to do this, a common one is to simplify what is shown in mobile. This is also very handy when dealing with complex headers and footers that need to be simplified in mobile.
If you want to hide an entire Section see Hiding sections.
Hiding an object
- Select the object(s) that you want to hide.
- Go into the “Arrange” tab of the Editing Menu.
- Click on Hide in Desktop or Hide in Mobile toggle to hide or unhide the object.
- The object(s) will now be hidden and may be hidden from view if you have Hide hidden enabled.
- You can toggle the visibility of Hidden objects on and off using the Hide and Show hidden control that is located in the middle of the top bar beside the Mobile and Desktop mode controls.
- Click “Save” and “View Live” and notice that object is no longer present on the page.
Hiding an object only hides the object in the current mode, either desktop or mobile. If you want to hide an object in both you will need to Hide in both modes individually.
Hiding and Showing hidden objects
Toggle the visibility of hidden objects in the editor using the Show and Hide hidden objects. This allows you to keep your editor view free of clutter and display objects set to hide when you want to interact with them.
- In the editor, locate the Show and Hide hidden control located in the middle of the top bar beside the Mobile and Desktop mode controls.
- You may see the following:
- Control is disabled (transparent and not clickable) you have no Hidden objects
- If the control shows "Show hidden (2)", this means you have 2 hidden objects that are not displayed.
- Clicking this control will make those objects set to Hide visible. They are still set to Hide but you can now interact with them.
- If the control shows "Hide hidden (2)", this means you have to 2 objects set to Hide that are visible.
- Clicking this control will make those objects set to Hide hidden from view.