We're now offering a much simpler method to automatically create a menu for your site. Click to read our navigation menu article. If you're looking to make your own custom menu — read on.
Downloading the drop down file
Click the file below to download the drop down action file.
Unzip the downloaded file creating a file called "dropdownmaster.action.js"
Creating the drop down menu on your page
- Create the text that you’d like to use to trigger the dropdown menu to appear.
- Choose a word as the “trigger”. This will be the word to click on to make the drop down action occur.
- Select the “trigger” text box and go to the Editing Menu under “Link”.
- Change the “Link to” from “No Link Set” to “Your Pages” with no destination.
- Click “Apply”.
- Create a link for each item that you’d like to include in the drop down.
- Select the items that you want to appear in the drop down by holding “Shift” and clicking on each text box.
- Group them under the “Arrange” tab in the Editing Menu.
- Click once on the group and while holding “Shift”, click on the “trigger”.
- Drag the dropdown file from your computer onto the text
- You’ll notice a warning at the bottom middle of the screen saying “Group”.
- Click “Save” and “View Live” to view your dropdown!
Now that your dropdown menu is set up, you can choose to change how it acts on your live site.
- Change trigger from 'hover' to 'click' to have your menu only open when clicked.
- Change transition to 'fade' or 'slide' to have the menu fade or slide in when clicked.
- Change speed from 250 to a larger number to slow down the animation. Change speed to a smaller number to speed up the animation of the drop down menu.